[BioC] makecdfenv

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Dec 11 21:14:25 CET 2006

Weijin

>From the DOS command prompt you should be able to type

c:\>hhc /?

and get a message summarizing usage, along the lines of.

Usage:   hhc <filename>
    where <filename> = an HTML Help project file
Example: hhc myfile.hhp

If not, then your PATH variable is incorrect, e.g., wrong punctuation
separating elements (should be a semi-coloon). Another possibility is
that the Perl being used is not the one you expect (e.g., cygwin perl,
rather than Windows. The command perl --version should help; I'm not
sure if this is really likely to be a problem). Depending on the
reasons for creating the package, You might also try

R CMD INSTALL --help

to learn how to avoid producing 'chm' files.

This is definitely a Windows configuration issue, with the answer
being meticulous (even paranoid) adherence to the official
recommendations.

Hope that helps; it's difficult to get right the first time but easier
the second,

Martin