[BioC] Separate Channel Analysis of Two-Color Data

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Dec 13 02:55:42 CET 2006

You have to be a bit careful here.  Averaging works if all the genes
have the same number of replicates.  If not, then averaging will
violate the variance assumptions, although you might be able to
mitigate this by using spot weights.  On spotted arrays, one usually
does have the same number of replicates, but on Agilent arrays, it is
up to the array designer.

--Naomi