[BioC] CDF and Annotation-GeneChip Porcine Genome Array

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Dec 15 15:30:02 CET 2006

Hi Ángeles,

Angeles Jiménez Marín wrote:
> To whom correspond,
>
> My investigation group will use the GeneChip Porcine Genome Array. To
> analyze the arrays results we need  the Chip Definition File (CDF)
> and  the  annotation package but this Affymetrix chip is not listed on the
> webpage http://www.bioconductor.org/data/metaData.htm.
>
> I should like to apply for both documents to begin with our analysis as
> soon as possible .

You can get the cdf using biocLite().

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("porcinecdf")

There is no porcine annotation package, so you can do one of two things.
First, you could use AnnBuilder to create your own annotation package. I
haven't played with that package in a year or more, so I don't know how
difficult that might be. In the past it was not straighforward to create
packages for species other than human, mouse, and rat. Nianhua would
know better than I.

Second, you could use the biomaRt package to annotate your data. You can
either use biomaRt interactively to annotate a set of probesets, or you
can use the functions in the affycoretools package that are designed to
create HTML documents with annotation links.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks in advance
>
> Ángeles