[BioC] How to read and normalize hundreds of CEL files?

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 18 20:33:15 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, James W. MacDonald wrote:
> I know someone who just did around 1000 U133 Plus 2 chips using a Linux
> box with 16 Gb RAM using justRMA(), so I am betting you can do all 230
> with your comp. The downside of this is you won't be able to do many QC
> plots.

Actually it was just.gcrma(), but yeah, once I switched to that it cruised
along pretty happily (I started the job before I left for the night so not
sure how long it did actually take, but it was done in the morning - in
contrast, when I tried ReadAffy it crunched the entire weekend and the
drive was thrashing when I got in on Monday).