[BioC] getBioC problem

Ting-Yuan Liu tliu at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 3 19:14:18 CET 2006

Hi Amy,

> > source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
>         unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> unable to connect to 'www.bioconductor.org' on port 80.

It seems that your LAN has some special settings (such as firewall?) so
that you are unable to find the file getBioC.R.  Could you try to put the
address "http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R" in your browser to see if
you can browse this script in your browsers?  I will guess that you are
unable to see it in the browsers.

In my XP machine, I can see the script in the browser (FireFox), and I can
use getBioC without any errors in R (2.2.1).  Could you check with the LAN
administrator to see if there is any firewall or something?

HTH,
Ting-Yuan