[BioC] getBioC problem

Gaj Stan (BIGCAT) Stan.Gaj at BIGCAT.unimaas.nl
Mon Feb 6 14:52:14 CET 2006

Hi all,

Currently having the same issue, although I don't use any proxy. I can
see the file perfectly when I enter its http-adress in FireFox, so a
Firewall block ought to be out of the question. Even disabling the
firewall didn't solve it.

The error I get is:

>source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R)
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
        Unable to open connection
In addition: Warning Message:
Cannot open: HTTP status was '0 (null)'

If I interpret this correctly, then it would appear that no connection
could be made to the url, although it is possible with FireFox.

Strange thing is that I installed the same R version on my notebook, and
there it worked perfectly (same network, same firewall).

Could this question be solved here, or do I need to send it towards the
general R maling-list?

Kind regards,

  - Stan