[BioC] Invalid fold-filter

Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. Wittner.Ben at mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 18 17:54:41 CET 2006

Robert,

Could you explain why you say below that filtering on low values is probably a
bad idea in many cases? Also, in what cases do you filter low values and in what
cases not?

I filter out probe-sets for which expression values for two or more classes of
interest are low on the theory that such values are dominated by noise and fold
changes calculated between two such classes are not meaningful.

Thanks.
-Ben

Ben Wittner, 617-643-3166, wittner.ben at mgh.harvard.edu