[BioC] limma anova table?

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Tue Feb 21 18:04:43 CET 2006

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply after a couple of weeks the question was raised! I
realized that was a silly question to ask a while later after the question
was posted. I forgot (maybe am not that clear) that lmFit model fit is
conducted by gene. What I wanted to know was if it is possible to run
linear model by condition. I wanted to see if a given condition, compared
to others, has any significant effect on gene expression on a overall
scale. As you pointed out that there are as many as 55000 genes on a chip,
plus most gene's expression are unchanged, it won't make any sense to do
that way.

Thanks again for your comment!

Jianping

--On Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:06 PM +1100 Gordon K Smyth