[BioC] RMySQL

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Feb 22 18:36:40 CET 2006

Hi Amy --

try this:

> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("RMySQL")

The underlying reason for your problems is that RMySQL is a bit of a
special package that does not usually install 'out of the box' on
Windows computers (which I'm guessing from the error message about
'zip' files is what you have). The bioconductor people have kindly
taken the extra steps to make an installable version of RMySQL
available.

It also sounds like you might want to make sure that the
'Bioconductor' repository is selected under the Packages --> Select
repositories menu, and that the CRAN mirror is USA (WA).

Hope that helps,

Martin