[BioC] Filter on Fold Change

Stephen Henderson s.henderson at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 13:35:46 CET 2006

Hi Quentin

There has been a similar discussion over the past few days. The main
conclusion being (I think) not to filter based upon a known contrast in
your data. This will bias any multiple testing corrections you make.

What you have done so far is OK but if you were going to use something
like limma to fit a linear model to your data it would be better to fit
it all and select the interesting bits (toptable) based on your contrast
afterwards.

Stephen Henderson
Wolfson Inst. for Biomedical Research
Cruciform Bldg., Gower Street