[BioC] Problems annotating a gene list

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 24 19:18:55 CET 2006

On 2/24/06 12:58 PM, "Quentin Anstee" <q.anstee at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> Thanks for coming back to me on this one.
>
> I have had a look at 'fit2$genes', all it contains are the affy probe IDs as
> you predicted. Could you describe how to make the annotations and attach
> them to the MArrayLM file or let me know where this process is described? I
> have had a look in the limma help files and vignette but have not been able
> to find a walk through of this procedure.

It will suffice to make a data.frame in the same order and containing the
same number of genes at fit2$genes.  If your new data.frame is called
gene.data, you just say fit2$genes <- gene.data.

You might want to look at the annaffy package and vignette for some ideas
about how to ge the information you want from the annotation package.

Sean