[BioC] BioC] limma question

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Sun Feb 26 08:42:58 CET 2006

Dear Yezhou Sun,

It seems apparent that your design matrix is actually a character
matrix or a data.frame with character or factor entries. Although you
say that you converted the design matrix to a numeric matrix, you
can't have done so because you would not get the error that you report below.

It would help if you told us what commands you used to create the
design matrix, and also how you attempted to convert it to a numeric
matrix. Then we could tell you how to correct it. Despite several
emails to Jim MacDonald, you don't seem to have given this
information. Please reply to the mailing list.

Best wishes
Gordon