[BioC] problems with read.marrayRaw

Jenny Russ jennyruss at web.de
Mon Feb 27 17:05:04 CET 2006

Hello,

I hope anyone can help me with my problem. I want to read in data from SMD files. When I use read.SMD I get the following error:

> shyamSMD <- read.SMD(fnames=file,layout=galinfo$layout,gnames=galinfo$gnames,targets=shyamTargets,skip=22)
Fehler in 1:dim(maInfo)[1] : NA/NaN Argument

Therefore I took the intensities out of the SMD files and put them in extra files to be able to use read.marrayRaw. But then I get the following error:

> shyam.raw <- read.marrayRaw(fnames=files,name.Gf="gfmedian",name.Gb="gbmedian",name.Rf="rfmedian",name.Rb="rbmedian",layout=galinfo$layout,gnames=galinfo$gnames,targets=shyamTargets,DEBUG=TRUE)
[1] "in read.marrayraw"
Path .
NULL
[1] "In is.null(skip) "
0 done
[1] "nspots = 44544"
Reading ...  ./data_14621.xls
[1] "in is.null(skip), part 2"
Calculating skip  ... 0 done
Fehler in "[<-"(`*tmp*`, , f, value = c(752, 632, 7172, 231, 1898, 523,  :
        Anzahl der zu ersetzenden Elemente ist kein Vielfaches der Ersetzungslänge
The last part means:
error in "[<-"(`*tmp*`, , f, value = c(752, 632, 7172, 231, 1898, 523,  :
        number of elements that should be replaced is not a multiple of the replacement length

I then thought I have to skip the first line with the column names,  but then I also get the error that not defined columns where chosen.
Can anyone help me and tell me what to do to read in the data?

Thanks, Jenny