[BioC] compare expression measures (and AffyComp)

Mohammad Esad-Djou shahrgol at web.de
Mon Jan 9 20:47:05 CET 2006

Thank you for your antwort.

I would like to discuss more second question.

> > 2. And which mathematical methods for comparison between preprocessing can I
> > use?
>
> One place to look would be the affycomp package.  However, you might want to
> look at the literature a bit before going too far; some of these comparisons
> have been done already with tightly controlled experiments.

I worked before with AffyComp, but the package is not sufficient flexibly.

In addition there are limited static information (Assessment summary statistics table) with certain preprocessing methods (MAS, dChip, RMA).
simply said, I want more than median SD, R2, correlation, etc.. and I look for meaningful Literature and source about the problem.

I am pleased about new ideas and discussions, which can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Mohammad