[BioC] [marray] Importing SMD files into marray

Furge, Kyle Kyle.Furge at vai.org
Mon Jan 9 21:28:34 CET 2006

If you are able to read one file at a time, but not as a collection, it may
be that the arrays are from different print runs and the dimensions of the
arrays are not be exactly the same.

The last time I remember looking at this, the .xls header contains the
printrun identifier.  In addition, if you downloaded the experiment archive,
it should contain information (i.e. .gal files) for each printrun used.

Maybe look at the 18195 and 19938 arrays and determine if the layout is
exactly the same.

While not trival, a search of the BioC mailing list will give some options
into combining data from different platforms into a single data set.  I
guess I would start with seeing if I could load a batches of files from the
same print run and go from there.

-kyle