[BioC] contrast matrix warning

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 10 17:39:10 CET 2006

On 10 Jan 2006, scholz at ag.arizona.edu wrote:

> Hi Seth,
>
> Thanks for your response. Given my Cro-Magnon-level computing
> skills, though, I'm not quite sure what this all means. You are
> correct that I'm using the recent R-devel, and if I understand you
> correctly, I shouldn't worry about the message?

Yes, the executive summary (is that Cro-Magnon-level?) is: don't worry
about.

If you are writing code that uses environments (e.g. new.env()), then
it would be a good idea to modify the code to eliminate the warning.

If the message is coming from someone else's code, expect it to get
fixed in the next few months and don't worry: this warning message
does not indicate a fault in computation.

+ seth