[BioC] RNA degradation problem

fhong@salk.edu fhong at salk.edu
Wed Jan 18 18:56:09 CET 2006

Hi Naomi,
Thank you for your help.

> It looks to me as if there is a problem in this experiment.  I cannot
> speak for the efficacy of the RNA degradation plot.  But unless a
> large amount of differential expression occurs in this experiment,
> the very close similarity between the duplicates compared to the
> other conditions leads me to thing that these duplicates were either
> not biological replicates, or the duplicates were processed together
> causing correlation.
 I know that the replicates are biological replicates, so I think very
likely that they processed the duplicates together ( will check with the
experimenter)  However, if this is the case, what we can do to? It
violates the assumption of Limma ? Maybe Rank product can be a solution
since it computes 4 ratios among duplicates from two conditions?

Many thanks!
fangxin

Fangxin Hong  Ph.D.
Plant Biology Laboratory