[BioC] comparing method

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Jan 23 21:43:57 CET 2006

I don't know the format of the "sam" output.  If
you get a p-value or q-value for each gene, sort
the lists into the same order, and count the
number of times both values are significant.

both=(p1<.05)&(p2<.05)
sum(both)

If you get a gene list from each method, there
are is the set method, intersection, which will
give the set of genes on both lists.  You can
then just ask for the length of this list.

--Naomi