[BioC] exprSets from SMD data

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 23 22:49:17 CET 2006

Hello ...

I'm looking at building exprSets from the .xls type data from Stanford
(http://genome-www5.stanford.edu/index.shtml).  To date I've not yet
managed to successfully do this, and a bit of searching shows that at the
very least others have had some difficulty in the past.  I'm curious to
see if anyone has either a clear step-by-step process or (hopefully) some
sort of semi-automated script to handle these datasets as I've yet to have
read.SMD not choke for a variety of reasons and have never managed to get
other alternative methods I've seen listed to work properly.

Thanks
Jeff