[BioC] Problem in Making CDF Package

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jan 24 16:40:59 CET 2006

Yao, Minghua wrote:
> hi, all,
>
> I am new in using Bioconductor. I have R (Version 2.2.1) and Packages
> "affy" and "makecdfenv" on the UNIX machine and a CDF file in working
> directory. When I used
>

>> make.cdf.package("enterocha520147F.CDF")
>
> Reading CDF file. ^C
>

> R never finished reading CDF file. I had to use ^C to get back.
> Thanks in advance for any help.

This is not enough information. How long did you wait for R to read the
CDF file? This step can take several minutes, depending on the size of
the CDF (and much longer if you have very little RAM and are swapping).
How large is this CDF? How much RAM do you have? What is the result of a
sessionInfo() after loading the makecdfenv package?

Best,

Jim