[BioC] samr and Spike in

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jan 31 20:30:18 CET 2006

Mohammad Esad-Djou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use samr for spike in genes (HG-U13A). I get expression values through affy Package and MAS 5.0.
>

>>raw <- ReadAffy(...)
>

>>exprs <- expresso(..)
>

>>mat <- exprs(exprs)
>

> and separate Spike in genes from expression values:
>

>>G1 <- mat[c(spike in genes),1:14]
>

>>G2 <- mat[c(spike in genes),15:28]
>

> and produce a list:
>
>>data=list(x=G1,y=G2, geneid=as.character(1:nrow(G1)),genenames=paste("g",as.character(1:nrow(G1)),sep=""), logged2=TRUE)

You might take a look at the man page for samr:

Arguments:

     data: Data object with components x- p by n matrix of features, one
           observation per column (missing values allowed); y- n-vector
           of outcome measurements; censoring.status- n-vector of
           censoring censoring.status (1= died or event occurred,
           0=survived, or event was censored), needed for a censored
           survival outcome

The data object is supposed to have x = p x n matrix of your expression
values and y = an n-vector of outcome measurements.

You are passing two matrices instead of a matrix and a vector.

If I were trying to do something like this, I would use the siggenes
package instead of samr. Holger Schwender has put a lot of work into
making siggenes user-friendly so you probably have a better chance of
getting things to work out.

Best,

Jim

--