[BioC] Test: Treatment leads to more variance in groups?

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 3 15:48:31 CEST 2006

Hi Benjamin,

the question is very reasonable. More general, you might not just look
for differential variance, but for different distributions in the
groups. Have a look at the EDD package.

Also, the work by Margarete Pepe on the pAUC statistic might be relevant.

You need a substantial number of samples in each group to meaningfully
do these things (more than if you just test for difference of location)
- that is probably one of the reasons why difference of the locations is
what most people go for.

Best, Wolfgang