[BioC] OT: question about plots, general R, really...

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 14:43:00 CEST 2006

Quoting "James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu>:

> You might also consider using the 'xpd' argument to par().
>
>  > par(xpd = NA)
>  > plot(1:10)
>  > plot(1:10)
>  > plot(1:10)
>  > plot(1:10)
>  > plot(1:10)
>  > plot(1:10)
>  > text(-12,28,"A header string")
>
> The only problem with this solution is finding where to put things. An
> alternative is to use
>
>  > text(locator(1), "A header string") and then place it where you want.
>
> HTH,
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply, but... I can't get that to work either :-(
If I use your example, nothing happens. Only when I start using
coordinates visible in my *last plot* then the text is visible, and
only within that last plot... hmmm, I must be missing something obvious
(I'm still newish to this...)

this is an example of the figures I am trying to add text to:

par(mfrow=c(2,3))
for (i in 1:3) {
plot(log2(RG$Rb[,i]),log2(RG$R[,i]),pch=".")
abline(0,1,col="blue")}
for (i in 1:3) {
plot(log2(RG$Gb[,i]),log2(RG$G[,i]),pch=".")
abline(0,1,col="blue")}

then, anything I try seems to work only for the very last plot of teh series.

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374