[BioC] OT: question about plots, general R, really...

Ido M. Tamir tamir at imp.univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 5 15:05:51 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 14:45, J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk wrote:
> Quoting Ana Conesa <aconesa at ivia.es>:
> > Hi Jose,
> >

> your suggestion. If I cannot make it work in a simpler way, I'll
> definitely use your technique... gracias!
>
> Jose

setPlotParWithTitleSpace <- function(xplots=2,yplots=2){
   op <- par(mfrow = c(xplots, yplots), oma = c(0, 0, 2, 0), mar = c(5.1, 4.1,
2.1, 2.1))
   return(op)
}

plotIt <- funtion(){
   setPlotParWithTitleSpace()
    for (i in i1:i2) {
            plotMA(...)
    }
    mtext( paste("MA plots ", name ), line = 0.5, outer = TRUE, font=2 )
}

and on R-help you would have gotten even more answers I guess.

hth
ido