[BioC] marrayNorm to exprSet object

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 12:22:03 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I am new to bioconductor and I am running into a couple of problems
converting a marrayNorm object to an exprSet object.  I convert the
marrayNorm object to an exprSet using the following:

library("convert")
xEset <- as(marrayNorm object, "exprSet")

The problem is that there does not seem to be any probe level
information in the exprSet i.e.
> geneNames(monkey)
NULL
> featureNames(monkey)
Error in featureNames(monkey) : no direct or inherited method for
function 'featureNames' for this call

This information is available in the marrayNorm object:
> norm at maGnames@maInfo[1:10,]
            ID     Name
X22170   22170 DXF68S1E
X21642   21642    ABCA2
X22209   22209 LOC56990
X22121   22121    PDZD2
X24284   24284     PACE
X66999   66999     CD74
X110223 110223      DLD
X110202 110202   EEF1A1
X21744   21744     GGA2
X22739   22739 FLJ14566

I can fix the gene names by doing the following

geneNames(monkey) <- norm at maGnames@maInfo$Name

but the same does not work with the feature names.  Is the correct way
to do this?  Anyway round the feature name problem.

Many thanks

Daniel Brewer