[BioC] AnnBuilder doesn't work on gene information ("GENENAME", "SYMBOL", etc)

Nianhua Li nli at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 10 18:14:40 CEST 2006

Hi, Weijun,

The humanLLMappings package was generated by function map2LL rather than
ABPkgBuilder, therefore it is a different case. I used ABPkgBuilder
function generate a coupld of pakcages recently, and didn't see
xxGENENAME or xxSYMBOL environments have any problem. So, I suspect the
problem is specific to your input data. Could you please provide more
details? e.g. myBaseType and maybe also a small part of myBase
Also, you may want to upgrade AnnBuilder to 1.10.1. The UCSC Genome
database updated their schema (one table) recently for human and mouse
data, and AnnBuilder has been updated correspondingly. If you see
problems with xxCHRLOC environment, please update your AnnBuilder.

thanks

nianhua

Nianhua Li
Computational Biology, PHS, FHCRC