[BioC] Repository for Bioconductor annotation packages

Daniel Gatti dmgatti at email.unc.edu
Sat Jul 15 12:15:10 CEST 2006

Daniel Gatti wrote:

 >> O/S: Linux
 >> arch : i686
 >> R version : 2.2.1
 >>
 >> I'm using the install.packages() command to install Bioconductor
 >> libraries to my home directory.  I can install functional packages like
 >> "safe" and "GOstats". But when I try to install annotation packages, it
 >> tells me that it can't find them in given repository.  I'm using
 >> repos="http://www.bioconductor.org".  What repository should I use for
 >> the annotation packages?
 >>
 >> install.packages("hgu133a", lib = "~/Rlib",
 >> repos="http://www.bioconductor.org")

 >It's easier to use biocLite() instead.
 >
 >source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
 >biocLite("hgu133a")

biocLite installs in the R library directory on the server.  And I don't
have directory permission to install anything on the server.  The system
admins told me that if I want any R libraries installed, I had to
install them myself in my home directory.  Hence, my question.  I agree
that it would be easier with biocLite().

Any ideas what repository to use to get the annotation files?

Dan