[BioC] Repository for Bioconductor annotation packages

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Jul 17 01:38:59 CEST 2006

James,

Further to where one can find the annotation data. I notice that when I
install R2.3.1 on my Windows computer, the Select Repositories option
shows 4 sites, CRAN, CRAN(extras), Bioconductor and Omegahat. If I add
the following line:

BioCMData	BiocMetaData
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation	FALSE	TRUE	TRUE	FALSE

(This is one long line)
to the repositories file in my R-2.3.1\etc subdirectory, I then have an
extra repository listed, called BiocMetaData and I can then (provided I
select it as a repository) see all the annotation data packages listed
when I use Install Packages from the Packages Menu of the RGui.
Can this repository option be added automatically to the Repositories
file when R is installed

Keith Satterley
WEHI