[BioC] Errors using biocLite on Apple OS X

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 18 21:51:36 CEST 2006

Hi Steven,

I can see warnings only in what you reported. These warnings
are well-known issues but are not biocLite problems: they are
Mac OS X install.packages() specific issues.

The first warning:
  1: number of rows of result
       is not a multiple of vector length (arg 2) in: cbind(1, res0,
Repository = repos)
is issued by install.packages() when it is given a repos vector with
length >= 4.
You can easily reproduce it with:
     "http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/data/annotation",
     "http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/data/experiment",
     "http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/omegahat",
     "http://bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/lindsey",
     "http://cran.fhcrc.org")
  > install.packages("Biobase", repos=repos)

The second warning is a permission issue specific to Mac OS X.

Anyway, these warnings should not prevent biocLite to install the requested
packages correctly.

Cheers,

H.