[BioC] Quick illumina question

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jul 25 16:37:46 CEST 2006

Thanks, Lynn, for the offer.  Just to clarify what we do, we actually
reannotate the probes (via blast against refseq, ensembl, dbEST,
unigene_unique, various genome builds, etc.) for all the arrays that we use
and then use a relational database for storing and querying probe
information and annotation.  This gives us mapping information down to the
base pair and the ability to link in any annotation we like, which is often
useful, particularly for sticky issues like probe performance (or lack
thereof) and cross-platform comparisons.

In this particular case, it turns out that the "bead manifest" is the file
that I needed, which Illumina was able to provide via their technical
support after a few directed questions.

Sean