[BioC] Dist of exprSet object

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Thu Jul 27 01:05:42 CEST 2006

Actually you need affyPLM loaded to boxplot an exprSet. affy only
provides the method for AffyBatch objects. Otherwise your example is
correct.

Best,

Ben

eg .....

> library(affy)

Welcome to Bioconductor

    Vignettes contain introductory material.

    To view, simply type 'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'.

    For details on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

> library(affydata)
> data(Dilution)
> eset <- rma(Dilution)
Background correcting
Normalizing
Calculating Expression
> boxplot(eset) # throws error
Error in boxplot.default(eset) : invalid first argument