[BioC] VennDiagram quesiont in limma

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Jun 1 05:20:47 CEST 2006

Dear Jianping,

I may be mis-interpreting your question (I'm not sure what you mean
by a "session"), but I think you just want the gene lists
corresponding to the counts in the Venn diagram.

Suppose you have a fitted model 'fit' with columns "A", "B" and "C". Then

   vennDiagram(fit)

will give you a Venn diagram with 8 counts in it. You can do the
diagram in two steps

   results <- decideTests(fit)
   vennDiagram(results)

and this allows you to extract the gene lists. Suppose you want the
genes DE for both "A" and "B", you could use

   myGenes <- apply(results[,c("A","B")],1,all)
   fit$genes[myGenes,]

to see the gene list.

Best wishes
Gordon