[BioC] Fwd: Problem with justRMA and hgu133aplus2cdf

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 2 01:50:36 CEST 2006

A user who I am helping to learn R and BioC has the following problem.  He
is trying to use justRMA to normalize a set of affy CEL files.  He is on
MacOS and is running R-2.2.1 (I know, upgrade, but....).  Here is what he
describes:

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.1, 2005-12-20, powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0

attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices"
"utils"     "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
   affy Biobase
"1.8.1" "1.8.0"

 > library(affy)

Welcome to Bioconductor

    Vignettes contain introductory material.
    To view, simply type 'openVignette()' or start with 'help(Biobase)'.
    For details on reading vignettes, see the openVignette help page.

 > est <- justRMA()
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation/1.7/bin/macosx/powerpc/con
trib/2.2/hgu133plus2cdf_1.10.0.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 4391892 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 4288Kb

Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
    argument is missing, with no default
tar: ~/Library/R/library/file56e509fe: Cannot chdir: No such file or
directory

Any hints?

Thanks,
Sean