[BioC] Rmpi installation in in IBM HCP

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Jun 3 16:07:42 CEST 2006

"Emiliano Barreto_Hernandez" <ebarretoh at unal.edu.co> writes:
> But when I tryed to load de Rmpi library in R, it doesn't work
> With this error:
>
>> library(Rmpi)
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
>         unable to load shared library
> '/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rmpi/libs/Rmpi.so':
>   /usr/local/lib/liblam.so.0: undefined symbol: openpty
> Error in library(Rmpi) : .First.lib failed for 'Rmpi'
> Error in dyn.unload(x) : dynamic/shared library
> '/usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rmpi/libs/Rmpi.so' was not loaded
>>

> May give me some advise

Since R package extensions are dynamic libs, perhaps at link-time you
are ending up with the wrong liblam?

Start R and then:

Sys.getenv("LD_LIBRARY_PATH")
system("ldd /usr/local/lib64/R/library/Rmpi/libs/Rmpi.so")

That should tell you whether you are linking against the mpi libs that
you want at run time.

+ seth