[BioC] RMA-bimodality:

noel0925 at sbcglobal.net noel0925 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 5 19:28:43 CEST 2006

Wolfgang,

Thank you for your reply.

Just so that I am clear- the point is that the
bimodality is not an artifact of the convolution, but
simply the fact that the number of modes of a
distribution is not conserved under monotonous
transformations. This is why the paper points to the
fact that the histograms of log2 (PMs/MMs) stratified
by log2(PMs) is bimodal -so bimodality is a more
general property of the probe level data.

Please clarify if this is incorrect.

Thanks,
Noel

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2004-August/005908.html