[BioC] RMA-bimodality:

Claus Mayer claus at bioss.ac.uk
Wed Jun 7 12:08:48 CEST 2006

Hi Philip,

the bimodality we discuss here is ACROSS genes. Normality/Unimodality
that is assumed for parametric tests concerns the error distribution
WITHIN the replicates for the same gene, i.e. the bi-modality of GCRMA
normalized data across gene does not have any direct implications on
whether a parametric or non-parametric test is preferable.

Regards,

Claus

 Dr Claus-D. Mayer                    | http://www.bioss.ac.uk
 Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: claus at bioss.ac.uk
 Rowett Research Institute            | Telephone: +44 (0) 1224 716652
 Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 1224 715349