[BioC] Error loading, on Bioconductor 1.8, exprSet generated with bioconductor 1.7

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jun 8 15:45:11 CEST 2006

James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Raffaele,
>
> rcaloger wrote:
>
>>However, this problem rise the question: is ti reasonable to use exprSet
>>objects as backup?
>

> There are (at least) two ways to save the results of an analysis. The
> first is to save your workspace as a binary .RData object, and load it
> later if you want to do more work, etc. I have no idea if this is a
> common thing to do, but you can run into the problems you have
> experienced if you do so. Personally, I have never used this approach,
> and I would bet that is true of most experienced R users.

I use a combination of approaches, saving .RData (but giving it a
specific name and NOT saving everything in the workspace but only those
objects that are "important"), but also saving all code to reproduce the
analysis.  Often, I need to just reproduce a figure, or some such thing,
and I want to do it with EXACTLY the same data that I used to produce
the first.  This isn't always possible, but often is.