[BioC] understanding of makeContrats() in Limma

Stephen Henderson s.henderson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 16:29:26 CEST 2006

Hi if I understand you rightly you want to know how to get each contrast
6H-0H and 24H-6H. or A and B as you say.

contrasts.fit will have worked out both. The easiest way to access is
using toptable and either select A or B using coef=1 or coef=2 e.g.

toptable(fit2, coef=1, adjust.method="fdr")
or
toptable(fit2, coef=2, adjust.method="fdr")

Is that what you mean?

Stephen Henderson
Wolfson Inst. for Biomedical Research
Cruciform Bldg., Gower Street