[BioC] median of the NUSE value

kfbargad at ehu.es kfbargad at ehu.es
Thu Jun 15 13:11:29 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I am using affyPLM for my QC, and am trying to obtain the median of
the NUSE values for my chips.

if I type
>NUSE(Pset, main = "NUSE values")
I get the NUSE boxplot

but if I type
> NUSE(Pset, type = "stats")
Error in match.arg(type) : 'arg' should be one of plot, values
or
> NUSE(Pset, type = "values")
Error in x at weights[which, ] : incorrect number of dimensions
In addition: Warning messages:
1: longer object length
        is not a multiple of shorter object length in: model == (PM ~ -
1 + probes + samples)
2: longer object length
        is not a multiple of shorter object length in: model == (PM ~ -
1 + samples + probes)
3: the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be
used in: if ((model == (PM ~ -1 + probes + samples)) | (model == (PM ~

my sessionInfo()
Version 2.3.0 (2006-04-24)
i386-pc-mingw32

attached base packages:
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"  "tools"
     "methods"   "base"

other attached packages:
hgu133plus2cdf        affyPLM          gcrma    matchprobes
affydata           affy         affyio        Biobase
      "1.12.0"        "1.8.0"

Any suggestions??

Also, is it possible to colour the boxes of the boxplot? I have so far
been using
boxplot() for Pset with the argument "col", but it does not work for
NUSE()

Thanks in advance,

David