[BioC] decideTests with nestedF

Pedro López Romero plopez at cnic.es
Fri Jun 16 13:23:37 CEST 2006

Hi Sean,

thanks a lot for the replay.

Yes, you understood my doubt. I have several experimental conditions, and I
thought that filtering first by the moderated F-statistic would be a right
approach, since by this I would be selecting the genes that are DE in any of
the contrasts. Now, from this reduced list, I thought that I could select
the genes for every independent contrast given by my experimental
conditions.

Now, I do not understand why this is not a valid strategy. In fact, I
understood that what limma user guide propose in p 51 (chapter 10) is doing
this but using decideTests ( ) with nestedF.-

Pedro.