[BioC] problem with limma and BlueFuse

Alessio Venier 0509388V at student.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 19:51:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've a problem using limma with bluefuse output files (I've saved those files as .xls)
I'm able to use one file per time without any trouble but when I try to load more than
one file using a "target" file, I receive an error message.
I've installed R 2.3.1 and limma 2.7.3

Sample session below:

#Using right package!
>library(limma)

#I create an object as a target from file
> target<-readTargets(file="targets.txt",path="C:\\Playground\\Micro")

#This is the object
> target
       SlideNumber Name   FileName     Cy3       Cy5
array1           1   c1 array1.xls control treatment
array2           2   c2 array2.xls control treatment

#and how I use the read.maimage
> RG<-read.maimages(target$FileName,source="bluefuse",path="C:\\Playground\\Micro")
Read C:\Playground\Micro/array1.xls
Error in switch(source2, quantarray = { : could not find function "readBlueFuseHeader"

#I've also tried to use a vector with file names instead of a target object,
#but the result happen to be the same.

> files<-c("array1.xls","array2.xls")
> RG<-read.maimages(files,source="bluefuse",path="C:\\Playground\\Micro")
Read C:\Playground\Micro/array1.xls
Error in switch(source2, quantarray = { : could not find function "readBlueFuseHeader"

#I've not found any information about readBlueFuseHeader in the documentation (i'm using ver. 2.7.3)
#If I call the function I receive the same error!

> readBlueFuseHeader()
Error: could not find function "readBlueFuseHeader"

I'm a new user of R, please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Kind Regards

Alessio