[BioC] Problems loading biomaRt and XML

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 23 23:02:47 CEST 2006

Jordi Altirriba Gutiérrez <altirriba at hotmail.com> writes:
> The version of XML is 0.99-7.
>
> -----------------
>
> I've tried to obtain it from CRAN, from the Madrid and the London
> mirror, but I am obtaining the same results:
> ----------------------------------
>
> I have used BioCLite, as you suggested, which obtains XML from
> Omegahat, obtaining:
>
> package 'XML' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>         C:\Documents and Settings\BIO SANTANDER\Configuración
>         local\Temp\RtmpIZV3pb\downloaded_packages
> updating HTML package descriptions
>>library(XML)
>
> The same error described below.

> Any other suggestion?

I would examine your PATH (environment variable) and also search for
all instances of the libxml2.dll DLL on your system.  Another
possibility is that you are picking up a different DLL than the one
that comes with the XML package.

The XML package does seem to be working for others on Windows...

+ seth