[BioC] just.gcrma and normalisation

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Tue Jun 27 16:40:31 CEST 2006

I believe you can call just.gcrma() with a normalize=FALSE parameter to
turn off the quantile normalization stage.

If you have affyPLM loaded then you can use the normalize() method on an
exprSet. The methods available are pretty much the same as those in the
affy package for AffyBatch objects. The only thing to note is that you
will have to tell it to transform your data back to natural scale, which
is what most of the underlying normalization routines assume as input,
if your expression values are in log2 scale.

eg

library(gcrma)
library(affyPLM)

eset <- justGCRMA(normalize=FALSE)
eset.normalized <- normalize(eset,"contrast",transfn="antilog")

Ben Bolstad <bmb at bmbolstad.com>
http://bmbolstad.com