[BioC] RMAGEML: importMAGEOM returns nil pointer

Vincent Bloch vincent.bloch at btk.fi
Wed Mar 1 10:36:46 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to import MAGE data into R using RMAGEML. I am using R 2.2.1,
Java  1.5.0_06 and SJava 0.69 under Linux.
I managed to import the MEXP-14 dataset as suggested in the RMAGEML
documentation but when I try to import biggest files (E-CAGE-2 for
example), the JVM crashs. The problem is that the importMAGEOM function
returns a nil pointer.
If I use the java sources, I can parse the xml files with no error and I
don't have this nil pointer so I don't understand why when I try to do
the same under R I have this result.

Thanks for your help

Vincent

--