[BioC] Limma: Extract genes from decideTests result

He, Yiwen (NIH/CIT) [C] heyiwen at mail.nih.gov
Fri Mar 3 23:09:30 CET 2006

Hi,

In limma, one can use decideTests to assign each gene up/down/NC coded
as 1/-1/0, and then use vennCounts to count the number of genes for each
pattern. My question is, how can one actually extract a list of genes
with a particular pattern? For example, if I'm looking at 3 contrasts,
and I want all the genes that are significantly up in the first two but
no change in the last (1, 1, 0), how should I do it?

I couldn't make subset work because the resulting object from
decideTests (class of TestResults) could not be converted into a
data.frame.

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Yiwen He
BIMAS/DCB/CIT/NIH