[BioC] bluefuse export and limma read.maimages

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Mar 7 13:15:31 CET 2006

Dear Eske,

Well, the only BlueFuse output files that we have seen have the second line blank, hence the test
for that.  Are you saying that you have BlueFuse files with a different format?  If so, it would
help to see the header lines from one of your files.

We have found it rather hard to get information about the BlueFuse format in order to support it.
The BlueGnome people (www.cambridgebluegnome.com) are friendly enough, but we haven't been able to
get specific information from them.  We have only seen two BlueFuse files, and can only base our
limma support for the BlueFuse platform on what we've seen.

We could supply robust support from BlueFuse files in limma if we had a clear definition of what
the BlueFuse format is.  It might help if BlueFuse clients such as yourself were to pursuade
BlueGnome of the desirability of this.

Best wishes
Gordon