[BioC] Rank Product

Nadine Ketchandji colanite at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:43:05 CET 2006

Hello you,
i have a problem using Rankproduct:
I read the papers of Rainer Breitling and the Rank Product Vignetes but
still have questions about this method

1. I tried to calculate the Rank product in Excell (as explain in the paper
of Rainer Breitling) using a small data set,  i didn't get the same results
as calculating it with R-Programm.
Can somebody help me?

2. How can i understand the results obtaining from Rankproduct
for example:
class1 = c(rep(0,40))
class2 =c( rep(1, 24))

cl<-c(rep(0,40), rep(1,24))
Table 1 class1<class2: Is that the up-regulated genes in classs1 compare to
class 2?

Table 2: class1>class2: Is that the down-regulated genes in class1 compare
to class2?

3. How does R-Programm calculates the RP/Rsum?

Thanks for your help