[BioC] Is it possible to fit a hierarchical linear model in LIMMA?

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Mar 8 02:11:44 CET 2006

I think I am missing something here.   You have written a standard
linear mixed model which can be handled by any mixed model routine.

The only way you could gain by using limma is if there is also some
"k" and a linear model for each of the k responses.  (Usually "k" is
the gene id, but it could be any indicator of a high dimensional response.)

If there is such a "k", I think that you could use the "block" option
in limma to fit this model.

--Naomi