[BioC] How to search for coexpression?

David Ruau druau at ukaachen.de
Wed Mar 8 15:33:51 CET 2006

If you already have a subset of chosen probesets you want to look at,
you can perform a hierarchical clustering on it to see the probesets
that are co-expressed in the same condition (it can tell you some infos
if your list is not too big). Just one approach among many others...
Take a look at the heatmap function from the simpleaffy package.

 > library(simpleaffy)
 > library(amap)
 > e.eset <- exprs(eset)
 > heatmap(e.eset, col= blue.white.red.cols,
distfun=function(c){Dist(c,method="pearson")}, labCol=colnames(e.eset),
Rowv=cov(e.eset), hclustfun=function(c){hclust(c,method='mcquitty')})

David

N.B: have also a look at: http://www.bepress.com/bioconductor/