[BioC] BioC annotations for mgug4122a

Francois Pepin francois at mcb.mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 8 03:16:06 CET 2006

Hi Ting,

Are there any plans for creating an annotation package for the Agilent
Whole Genome mouse arrays
(http://www.chem.agilent.com/scripts/generic.asp?
lpage=5175&indcol=N&prodcol=Y) with the next batch of updates for the
metadata packages?

I'm in the process of creating my own for now, but it would be nice to
have an "official" package which is synchronized with the other
packages.

As a note, would it be possible to add a check for a missing/null
pkgPath in the beginning ABPkgBuilder? I'm probably not the only one
with the unfortunate experience of forgetting to put it and have it
crash only at the end.

Also, there are links to 150 non-existing genes in KEGG:
like ftp://ftp.genome.ad.jp/pub/kegg/pathways/mmu/mmu00191.gene or
ftp://ftp.genome.ad.jp/pub/kegg/pathways/mmu/mmu99999.gene . I haven't
traced back where they were they come from though.

Francois